Old Town Vapor 10 Angler Kayak Review
Stable and efficient, that is what the Old Town Vapor 10 kayak is all about.
This kayak comes with tons of features for the avid kayak fishermen who want comfort and convenience all rolled into one.
It isn't just about the size of the Vapor being a 10-foot kayak that has more than enough room for all the tackle or camping gear, it stylish and easy to maneuver.
This sit-in kayak comes with a spray cover that will keep the angler dry and protects from cold weather conditions without confining or cramping.
The Vapor is roomy and spacious for a full range of motion.
Our Review of the Old Town Vapor 10 Kayak
Tons of storage, great for fishing.
Anchor trolley, paddle clips, etc.
Single layer polyethylene.
Priced extremely well for its features.
THINGS WE LIKED
- Behind the seat are two flush mounted rod holders to keep a line out in the water without it causing issues while paddling making it a perfect trolling kayak.
- The molded-in cockpit tray and cup holder so that personal items or favorite lures are close at hand.
- The Vapor's anchor trolley system is easy to utilize and allows for the angler to stay while fishing out in open waters.
- The molded-in paddle clips allow the angler to safety put the paddle down while reeling in a fish with the assurance that the paddle won't get lost in the water.
- Tons of storage space in the hull, on the deck and in the molded-in cargo area behind the seat that can easily accommodate a small cooler or tackle box. This kayak can hold up to 325 pounds.
- The fact that the Vapor is designed for all water conditions makes this one of the best kayaks on the market. It does well in open choppy waters to calm peaceful drifts down the river.
- The Vapor has a large cockpit area for easy access making it one of the more stable and efficient kayaks out there.
THINGS WE DID NOT LIKE
- Because of the width of the kayak is 28.5 inches with a cockpit size of 19.5 x 48" it does offer the angler room to stand up in order to cast out a line.
Features of Old Town Vapor 10 Kayak
One of the many features that the Old Town Vapor 10 kayak has is the skid plate so that when the kayak brushes rough debris or is dragged up to the shore it won't damage the kayak.
The built-in handles make lifting this 47-pound kayak easily.
Should water get into the Vapor, the drain plug makes it simple to drain the kayak and is well placed so draining is fast.
Let's discuss the features in details.
The Vapor is constructed of a single layer of polyethylene making it hard, durable and sturdy.
A little more care is needed when transporting the kayak, but it is still a great kayak for everyday use.
Tracking and Stability
The Vapor was created with the angler in mind, so when it comes to tracking this kayak will stay on course even in windy conditions.
The wide open cockpit allows for easy entry and exiting even if the kayak should flip.
But since the Vapor has a flat bottom hull it makes it incredibly stable since the kayak has more surface water contact.
The Old Town Vapor 10 kayak can hold up to 300 pounds. That is a lot of stuff that can be brought for extended camping trips or fishing expeditions.
When it comes to comfort, the Vapor is all over it. The adjustable comfort Flex seat feels like it molds to the body allowing providing all day comfort.
The thigh pads are positioned at just the right angle so as not to chaff or bruise the knees while paddling or reeling in the fish.
The Vapor is a well-designed kayak that will suit every kind of paddler from beginner to experience.
What it lacks for in speed, it makes up for in the unique features geared towards fishing and comfort.
It is stylish and blends well with surrounding areas. The green camo allows the angler to blend in with swamp and forest areas while the gray camo works best out on the ocean.
No matter the color, though, the Old Town Vapor 10 kayak is a beautifully crafted kayak for all adventure seekers.