Future Beach Trophy 126 Kayak Review
Looking for an exceptional fishing kayak that goes above and beyond your expectations? The Future Beach Trophy 126 is the perfect vessel for you.
This sit-in kayak offers you everything you could possibly want for an easy ride out to your favorite fishing spot. The Trophy stands up to its name by providing the tracking and stability for first-time anglers to maneuverability and comfort for the pros.
This truly is one of the few kayaks on the market that will exceed your expectations and quickly become your favorite kayak for all your water activities. Aimed to please fishing enthusiasts who want a durable design, it is built for spending weekends and lazy days out on the water. They have created a kayak with a dihedral hull, excellent stability, and good tracking. As if that were not enough, it also provides great speed for angling. The Future Beach Trophy 126 can accommodate a single person up to 300 pounds. Its dimensions are 10.6 feet in length, and 29.5 inches in width.
While it doesn’t offer as many bells and whistles as some other kayak models on the market, the select features it has are standout ones. You’ll find all of the essentials here. Some of the features we appreciate the most are the built-in cup holder, integrated tackle box, elliptical hatch, and two flush mounted rod holders. The kayak’s seat is cushioned and adjustable according to your personal preference.
Our Review of the Future Beach Trophy 126 Kayak
Extremely comfortable with ample space.
Perfect for fishing.
Drain plugs and low profile.
THINGS WE LIKED
- The Trophy is super comfortable and offers plenty of room for you and your gear.
- Set-up for fishing.
- Draining the water that happens to get into the kayak is no issue with the integrated drain plugs.
- Has a low profile.
THINGS WE DID NOT LIKE
- It is a bit on the heavy side as it is 53-pounds without all the extra gear.
- Lacks speed.
Features of Future Beach Trophy 126 Kayak
The Future Beach Trophy 126 is truly a great fishing kayak for beginners and experienced paddlers alike. Some of the main features include the molded-in cup holder, the integrated tackle box and a 10-inch by an 18-inch stern hatch.
It also comes with an 8-inch by 14-inch bow elliptical hatch so you know you will have more than enough storage space with the Trophy 126. As for fishing, the Trophy has two flush mounted rod holders for those who want to troll around the lake or out in open waters. Plus, the Trophy’s low profile makes it easily maneuver around or under overgrown areas and narrow spaces. Let’s discuss the Future Beach Trophy 126 features in details.
When it comes to being tough, the Trophy is tough and rugged. It is constructed from roto-molded polyethylene. You don’t need to worry about damaging this kayak as it will take a licking and keep on going. That is one of the best features about fishing from a hard-shell kayak as opposed to an inflatable kayak. You don’t have to worry about your hook ripping a hole in the vessel.
Tracking and Stability
The stability and tracking for this vessel all come down to the Dihedral hull. You can easily cut through the water or surf and turn with no issues. Plus, you don’t have to battle with keeping the kayak on the course as this kayak was built with currents in mind. If you are looking for a kayak that provides speed, this may not be the one you are looking for.
The kayak is big at 10.5-feet and can be a bit of a chore when paddling compared to other kayaks at the same length. However, what it lacks in speed it makes up for in durability, stability, and tracking.
For the vessel’s size of 126-inches long and 29.5-inches in width, it can hold up to 300 pounds. That is more than enough weight capacity for all your fishing gear, tackle, and lunch.
The Trophy 126 is a very comfortable kayak. The Trophy offers adjustable footrests as well as an adjustable kayak seat. Its seat is cushioned and can be adjusted to suit your needs. Plus, the adjustable “Step Lock” footrest system makes it easy to get into the right paddling position without having to rock the boat with foot pegs. Similarly, there is plenty of storage space for all your gear.
Future Beach Trophy 126: Final Review
You really won’t find a sturdier or more dependable fishing kayak than the Future Beach Trophy 126. It may be heavy to get to and from the water, but you will know once you are away from the shore, that this kayak will hold up to any water condition. Just be sure to have some help loading and unloading if you are using a kayak rack for your vehicle.
You can easily spend all weekend out on this kayak and enjoy every minute of it. With all the bells and whistles that come with the Trophy, you won’t have to worry about leaving any of your favorite lures behind.
- Stable hull design and integrated skeg for tracking performance
- Multiple Footrest positions for different size paddlers - 275 lb. Weight capacity
- Self-bailing scupper holes to drain water from the cockpit and tankwell
- A multi chine flat bottom hull ensures the stability needed when casting lines and reeling in fish.
- Measuring 9'6"" and weighing only 44 lb, the SENTINEL 100X ANGLER is incredibly easy to transport and store
- Made using our patented Ram-X materials, the SENTINEL 100X ANGLER will be around for years of exciting experiences.The...
- Lightweight and easy to carry with two retractable carrying handles this sit-on-top kayak with an open cockpit allows...
- The Multi-Chine flat bottom hull design provides ultra stability and great tracking with a maximum capacity of 325 lb. /...
- Storage All your gear for your trip with a quick lock hatch in the front plus a 4" Day hatch with storage bag and a...
- Pedal-driven performance at an unbelievable price - Made in USA
- Lawn chair style mesh seat with 2-level seat adjustment and breathable mesh for ultimate all-day comfort and no pain
- Pilot drive pedal system can be fully recessed into hull for zero draft
- Equipped for Fishing: Built in rod holders (1 Adjustable, 2 Flush Mounted), accessory mounting, tackle box storage, and...
- Maximum Comfort: The adjustable framed seat and adjustable footrests let you optimize your comfort to the ideal...
- Deep Hull Channels for Tracking Performance and Chine Rails for Stability
Last update on 2021-01-15 at 15:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API